Friday 7 March 2014

Camping's for Hippies

These pictures are from a recent adventure in a wonderful place called Khamkirri. Khamkirri's situated in the Green Kalahari near the magical Orange River. I always go here when I need a break and it always leaves me revived + refreshed. They are the organisers of the Green Kalahari Canoe Marathon which is one of the most successful river marathons in South Africa. They offer river rafting and kayaking as well as a wide range of other river and land based adventure activities.

Me having an early morning stroll... I love spending time in nature. We stayed in a permanent tent, so luckily there were no struggles with tent pens + ropes. ;) And therefore I was able to explore the scenery from the moment I got there. The owner's a real darling too, he was really hands-on + attentive.
They have comfortable braai facilities available on site so at lunchtime we decided to have a braai. This was delicious!
After lunch I had a little nap. Everything were so clean and neat + the mattress were so comfortable and soft. I took a digital detox while I was there and it felt real good.
The view from our little tent. I was trying to get in some reading but the scenery were too beautiful, so in the end I just ended up gazing into nature.
 I spend the nights watching whimsical fireflies from a distance. I really had so much fun here. :)

Images - My own

8 comments:

  1. This looks incredible! A digital time out sounds like heaven just about now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Nats, I love mini breaks like these... xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos Victoria! The best part about camping for me is the beautiful stars at night. I love star gazing and looking for shooting stars:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Desle, shooting stars are lovely. xo

      Delete
  3. Craving a good camping session. These pictures are gorgeous.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)