Tuesday 10 June 2014

Beauty Hauls and the Fall of Giants

Hello all, hope you're keeping warm with big cups of tea/coffee and soft cosy blankies. I'm working from home again today, one of the perks of working in the digital industry. Admittedly it can get a bit lonely after some time, that's why I decided to join a community radio station as guest presenter about 2 months ago. Well here's what I've been up to - pictures described from left to right. Here goes...

1. Making Waves - The radio station I'm working for recently won the Sanlam + MDDA Award for Best Community Radio Station in South Africa! I'm so proud. :) Please go like their Facebook page.

2. Radio Nfm Soup Drive 2014 - We are also currently having an amazing Soup Drive community project. We'll be road-tripping throughout the Northern Cape to rural little towns in need. The whole idea is to connect with our listeners on a more personal level. We will have open broad-castings in every town and it will be live on air. For more information about this project + to be part of this initiative contact our Soup Drive coordinator Jeanne-Dee Cloete at cloetejeanne@gmail.com




3. End Child Marriage - A short while ago I wrote this heartbreaking blogpost about child marriage, called Too Young To Wed. I really felt this strong urge to write it. I shed a bucketful of tears while researching + compiling this. Take a look at the campaign + show your support. Your voice can make a difference. Let's help to spread awareness.

4. Pixie Haircut - I initially wanted my old Karlie Cut, (see my profile picture) but this particular hairdresser overpowered me and said that girls like me look more feminine in funkier styles, I still don't know what she meant by that. I did get a whole lot of complements, yep so maybe she does have a point. ;)

5. New Digital Collaboration - Recently started to work with a great web development company as an online columnist/blogger - Same place I did my internship last year. Who said shy girls cant hustle + connect? Read my work here: Author Profile 

6. Small Business Blog Makeover - Aah, what can I say, I'm always making little tweaks to my blogs. I might have a slight obsession. Eek! Please go have a look at Social Media Blooms and tell me your thoughts.




7. Fall Of Giants by Ken Follet - Fall of Giants is a historical novel by Welsh-born author Ken Follett. It is the first in the Century Trilogy, and follows five interrelated families throughout the course of the 20th century between 1911 and 1924. I started reading this book over the weekend and I'm already hooked!

8. Eighties Dance - Me and the fiance had such a great time at this themed dance party. We both love old-school music and after a few glasses of bubbly we took over the dance floor.

9. Essence Haul - At last I got my greedy hands on the Essence Blush Up Powder Blush and the All About Candies Eye-Shadow. I'm inlove with both, and I love doing my face in the morning. I'm currently travelling by bus at about 6 am every morning to be in time for the breakfast show, and although it's freezing cold when I take the short walk to the bus-stop, its good to know that I'm looking good. :)

Image - My own

8 comments:

  1. I love interesting posts like this. Congrats on the award - that is brilliant! And I love your haircut - it is so pretty! Keep warm and have a fabulous weekend :)

    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie. :) I'm getting use to my new hair too, kinda loving it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a great post Victoria! Wonderful that your radio station is doing so well. Child marriages is really sad. And the fact that it is still going on today is horrible. Thank you for shedding light on it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Desle! I really appreciate the support, this whole child marriage thing breaks my heart... xo

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post and I love the new background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being such an awesome supporter. :)

      Delete
  4. Such a nice way to catch up on whats new with you, love the new hair do. Hope you had an awesome long weekend.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan, glad you love the post. Hope you are doing well too... :)

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)