Friday 9 May 2014

All About Balance: Eating Healthy + Staying Energised


Hey there, today I'm working from home, or rather from my bedroom. Most of my loyal readers will know that I like new adventures, a lot. I recently started to work at a community radio station, I'm guest presenting their breakfast show and marketing my small business blog Social Media Blooms while doing some social media on the side - all at the same time. I always push myself to do more, even more so now that I'm getting older and you know what it's all good to be a go-getting + creative hustler. That is until you get sick!

And yes I will admit I've been skipping breakfast a lot, gosh I've even skipped lunch a lot. When you sit behind a laptop all day you sometimes loose track of time and let's face it, eating 2 Minute Noodles for lunch (two days in a row) will just give your stomach a lining, there's no nutrients in there, are there? ;) And having a whole packet of chocolate cookies may taste good and give you a great energy rush, right? But in the end it will just add more fat to the waistline. Oh and then coming home to a glass of bubbly? Well that's just wrong in so many ways.

So I've been suffering from a lot of heartburn lately, leading to a very sore tummy due to my bad eating habits and obviously this is a clear sign to take action. I've been going through my favourite blogs and I love Australian beauty + transformation coach Connie Chapman's blogpost called Why I simplified my morning routine - at the time she was also completely out of balance. Now she starts her day by making a fresh-pressed vegetable juice followed by some meditation.

I also adore beauty blogger Luzanne Ashby's Smoothie/Slushie Sunday recipes. All her recipes are super-easy + healthy! At some point a lack of energy was also a major issue for her, but I really love how she took some action and now she's a bit of a green juice guru. :)

For more awesome tips you can also check out lifestyle blogger Meghan Silva's blogpost called Link Love: Healthy Eating - here she compiled a fabulous list of healthy yummy recipes. I will definitely use all of these ideas myself. Like they say, prevention's better then cure!

Please leave the link of a healthy recipe/habit in your comment if there's one you would like to share.

Image - www.weheartit.com


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. I guess it will take a week or so before I'm my normal self again. For now, I'll have to watch what I eat. :(

      Delete
  2. Trying to live a balanced life when your days are hectic is very hard. I too love to drink smoothies. I can get all my fibre and vitamins in one drink. Wishing you a fabulous week ahead. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Desle, it's definitely time for me to get on the green juice/smoothie wagon. :)

      Delete
  3. Leading a life with minimum stress is really crucial, beautiful post honey. Hope you feel better soon.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Meghan, glad you liked this post. Much love... xo

      Delete
  4. I really battle with this so will definitely check out the links. That is so cool that you are guest presenting on the radio - that sounds fun!

    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)