Wednesday 21 May 2014

Bohemian Lavender and Patchouli Aromatherapy


Admittedly I'm a bit of a hippie, and this bohemian, free-spirited side of me adores things like aromatherapy and everything crafty or homemade. I recently started to use some lovely whimsical oils in my little aromatherapy burner at home and I completely fell in love with the earthiness of patchouli and lavender mixed together. Whenever I feel the need to unwind I infuse a few drops together to create an aura of peacefulness.

Aromatherapy is one of the oldest methods of holistic healing, equipped to rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit, the aroma of therapeutic oils triggers physiological and psychological responses: lift moods, increase alertness, and calm anxiousness. I personally love how it ads warmth and ambiance to your home, especially during the winter months.

I mean come now, what's better than a warm cuppa hot chocolate accompanied by the sweet gentle smell of lavender, or even better, a warm soothing bath with beautiful aromatic candles to enhance serenity + bliss. What your favorite aromatherapy blend?

Beauty Tip - Make your own essential oil bath or body blend by combining three drops of your three favorite essential oils in two tablespoons of oil. (Plain vegetable oil will work, but grapeseed, apricot kernel and jojoba are nicer.) Use this lovely blend as a body , bath or massage oil. ;)

Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains - Diane Ackerman

Image - My own

5 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds lovely. Plus it would be perfect to relax in this cold weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this just makes me wanna jump into a long steamy therapeutic bath. Gorgeous post.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to make an essential oil blend now! Thanks for the post :)

    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)