Saturday 26 October 2013

New Adventures

I've recently moved into this awesome industrial chic apartment and therefore I've been really busy, you know unpacking stuff and trying to create a beautiful home. I also finished my 3 month internship at this great web development company in Cape Town, got engaged and moved back with my boyfriend... You saw this coming, didn't you! :) Well, needless to say I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to brand new adventures. However during my break-up I've realized - Some very powerful things:
  1. I'm one hell of a strong woman, once I make a goal that I feel strongly about, there's absolutely nothing that will and can stop me. 
  2. I do not need a man, I'm independent and can really make it on my own.  
  3. There's some real ignorant people in this world but...
  4. True confidence comes from knowing your self worth.
Now, enough with the wise words, here's what I've been up to lately... :)
 I came across this beautiful shade of lavender polish called Purple Pastel from Yardly. Six lucky seventeeners ( for Seventeen Magazine ) had the chance to inspire the creation of this Yardly Quick Dry nail polish. My favorites from the winning shades are: Tiff Milkshake, Pink Macaroon, Candy Queen and this stunning shade I got here! This polish dries in 60 seconds and stays chip free for nearly 5 days. Available from Clicks for R49.95.
 I took this picture in Dingleton, Northern Cape. I just love nature and the calmness it brings to my mind... Would love to capture more images like these. :)
This is a gift box I'm creating for my almost 9 year old niece, and I actually need your help with this. What do you think I should include? I already got Jade these fruity peel off nail varnishes, a little notebook, lipgloss and a pink bottle of hand-wash.

Notebook & Box - Mr Price Home
Princess Thandie Handwash - Clicks
Nail Varnishes and Lipgloss - Ackermans
My latest not-finished-yet project. I'm in the very early stages of creating my own work from home office. I would love some insight from you on this project too. What would you recommend? What should I include to make my office awesome? Waiting on your comments... ;)

Images - My own

10 comments:

  1. In terms of home office setup, go look at Typo - you will most definitely find some wonderful things there! And keep going back to Typo, because they get new things in every week! I like your wall though, looks super fab!

    As for your niece's box, maybe go get a little necklace from Sass Diva? I always get my niece a cheapy since kids lose stuff like that quite often. Does she enjoy puzzles? Maybe try see if you can find a shimmering body lotion, I think the Hello Kitty ones at Woolworths have shimmer in them. :)

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas Luzanne, this helps a lot! Thank you so much will definitely hop over to Typo and Woolies. Little Jade will love a cute shimmering lotion, can't wait to see her face! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, your office looks just lovely! I honestly work from the couch most days, so I don't have many tips for you. Maybe scour Etsy for cute prints for the wall? I love a little inspiration decorating my spaces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome tip Ashley! Ha ha I also like to work from my coach/bed. :) I really + totally love your inspiring blog, thanx for stopping by. xoxo

      Delete
  3. A couple of things:
    I didn't realise you were back with your now fiancé - Congrats!
    I love your poster from your work station and you should buy your niece some hair accessories - little girls love them :)

    x Nats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie making these life-changing choices took some time... I had to do some soul searching but in the end I also just had to trust my inner gut feeling. I also came across your lovely, well written blogpost ( you know the one ) and well that helped me so much... Also came across Ashley Wilhite's super awesome blog called - yoursuperawesomelife.com - Check it out!

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are a busy bee! Congrats on the engagement! Your office space looks fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene... I'm still working on it, much love. xoxo :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your engagement babe! Glad things are working wonderfully out for you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Desle, sometimes things turn out for the best - if you stay patient and in prayer... xoxo

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)