Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sunshine Award

Yay, I've been nominated with this awesome award by the the lovely Heather from Femme Lifestyle. The Sunshine Award is given to those who inspire us and bring 'sunshine' into our lives. Thank you lady.
It’s  such a fantastic way to get to know your blogger friends. Here's the deal - you answer eleven questions that the person who nominated you sent to you. You then in turn give eleven facts about yourself and nominate eleven bloggers and give questions to that awesome nominates to answer. Sooo here we go.

Eleven fun facts about me! 

1 - I've been in an American - Snickers Chocolate TV ad as an extra, alongside Jo-Ann Strauss and Tammy Ann Fortuin. Way, way back...


2 - I worked as a radio presenter and had my own show at a community radio station near my hometown.

3 - I love Pina Colada's a lot.

4 - I would like to change the name of my blog.. I like the "adventure" bit but "folksy" - I have no idea where that came from. Also do not want to loose my followers.Yikes!

5 - I love baking and currently I would love to bake my first batch of red velvet cupcakes. Yum!

6 - I have two younger sisters - Verna and Venessa. They are two beauties

7 - I love food-markets  The Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, Cape Town takes my breath away.

8 - I wanted to be a model when I was growing up because...

9 - I'm 1.78 and I always loved my length. 

10 - I love drinking German beer, totally adore their fruity Liefmans Fruitesse - beer made from strawberries and cherries.

11 - I love reading glossy magazines and then tear out pictures to make collages.



The questions from Heather...

1) My ultimate date would be with _________ and we would do ________________
A young Antonio Banderas and we would dance and maybe argue a little and then kiss...

2) You have a 1 minute dash in any store , which would it be? and why?
That would be Lush, I love those heavenly products. Then again I love Typo too.

3) Name one item you cannot live without?
Eyebrow pencil.

4) Who is your female icon and why?
Jo-Ann Strauss because she's a powerhouse + go-getter. 

5) If I gave you R500 now what would be the first thing you buy?
I would buy bath-products - I love shower-gels and cream and pretty + sweet smelling soaps. And then I would spoil myself with something nice at a bakery.

6) There is a fire and you can only grab one of the following which do you choose? A handbag , your favourite shoes? or your cosmetics bag?
Handbag, because my ID and bank cards are all in there.


7) What is your all time favourite make-up brand?
Can't choose just one... But I love the Colorstay Foundation from Revlon.

8) What is your all time favourite body product?
The Body Shop, Honeymania Bodybutter, I'm already addicted. ;)

9) What do you consider your best quality?
My list making skills. 


10) What is the anthem/song you live by?
Mmm, this is hard. Don't have one. 

11) What do you think makes your blog unique?
All my adventures and the pictures - I take most myself.

And I've nominated these beauties... ( I know some of you have been nominated already - so just see this as a huge compliment from me to you. )

The cute Meghan - http://meghansilva.blogspot.com 
The lovely Charlene - http://prettypleasecharlie.blogspot.com
The sweet Chicara  http://lipglosskisses.com
The talented Desle - http://divadesle.blogspot.com
The fun-loving Natalie - http://coraltintedperceptions.blogspot.com
The whimsical Laura Janehttp://whimsyisforever.com
The super awesome Ashley -  http://yoursuperawesomelife.com
The inspirational Connie -  http://conniechapman.com
The pretty Luzanne -  http://pinkpeonies.co.za
The beautiful Truchenhttp://jasminonjupiter.blogspot.com
The fabulous Chereen - http://forthebeautyofit.blogspot.com

My questions for you.


  1. What's your current fave track/song?
  2. Do you have side projects and what are they?
  3. What's your fave bar and what's your drink of choice?
  4. Name your fave city in the world and why?
  5. How would you describe your personal style?
  6. What's your beauty secret?
  7. Flats or heels?
  8. Can one be stylish without being rich?
  9. Dream travel destination?
  10. Weirdest thing you ever ate
  11. What's your biggest achievement?


Collage - My own
  

9 comments:

  1. I love reading these kind of posts and learning more about the lady behind the blog :)

    I've already done this tag on my blog but I'll give a go at answering your questions anyway ;)


    What's your current fave track/song? Currently playing "It's A Beautiful Day" by Michael Buble ON REPEAT!
    Do you have side projects and what are they? Between chemistry, blogging and having a personal life, I'm stretched a little thin but I do also have another thing going on: I'm president of my university's chemistry society (which I helped found in 2011), where we promote chemistry/science, integrate students from different disciplines (science can be very isolating) and help out with school kids looking towards science.
    What's your fave bar and what's your drink of choice? Hmmn, if I could be anywhere right now, it would be Cafe Caprice in Camps Bay, and I'd have a Cosmopolitan in hand! (In general though, my drink of choice is a good red wine.)
    Name your fave city in the world and why? Can I say Stellenbosch? (Ok, more of a town than a city) I just love the culture, cuisine and scenery so much!
    How would you describe your personal style? Classic with a touch of whimsy ;)
    What's your beauty secret? Skin hydration is key! (Especially if you have oily skin, which is usually dehydrated)
    Flats or heels? Flats for work, heels for fun (I'm such a shorty, I need the added boost!)
    Can one be stylish without being rich? Absolutely!
    Dream travel destination? A wine-tasting adventure through the French countryside!
    Weirdest thing you ever ate. I'm kinda a fussy eater so I don't eat many weird things. The thing that I eat that people would probably consider the weirdest is steak tartare (finely chopped raw steak).
    What's your biggest achievement? The fact that I've made it to PhD studies without giving up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome answers Laura! I also love that lovely Buble song...Steak tartare, mmm I've never tried that. The French countryside, oh how I would love that too... Thank you for stopping by... xoxo

      Delete
    2. Ooh, also, if you do want to change the name of your blog without losing followers, maybe its worth buying a domain name rather than having a .blogspot.com address - this way people visiting your old blog address can be redirected to your new address without you losing them. (But only if you've found a blog name that you love and want permanetly)

      Delete
    3. Laura Jane you are amazing! How do I go about buying a name and what's the cost... I will definitely do some thinking, it's time to take my blog to the next level... ;)

      Delete
    4. I can't remember exactly how I did mine, but basically on your blogger dashboard, go to settings (last one of the left column), then under "basic" you should see an option to change your blog address that can link you to purchasing one. I did mine through the default (which at the time was GoDaddy) and it costs me $10 a year.

      Delete
  2. Love it Victoria! What a fabulous post.
    mail me on heather_debruin@yahoo.com and I'll send you some info on my hosting company :)
    x x x Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly thank you so much for the nomination, I've been a bit off the blog grid for a bit but now baaaaack this is a HUGE compliment, I loved getting to know you in a more in depth way, that's the best part of these awards. I also wanna add some off topic, thank you for haring your personal relationship story with the comment on my last post. Its always awesome to read honest comments. Glad to hear good things are happening on yourside.

    Much love.
    Meg|MeghanSilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx pretty Meghan, I'm closing that sad chapter and moving along. Nice to have blog friends that care. :) xoxo

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)