Saturday 5 October 2013

Beach Bars & Blue Skies

About a year ago I started to have these horrible feelings of stagnation and discontent. I use to reminisce about when I was 21 and younger! And I compiled this list of things I wanted to do before I turned 29. But I only bought the boots. Eek!

However I realized that in a strange way - through a tragic breakup ( that forced me to change the name of my blog from Adventures of Victoriabasil to Adventures of Victoriafolksy... Mmm, hectic! ) I was able to revisit all the beautiful places from my past while gaining some more beautiful memories too. I'm so thankful...

So then here's a few of my new favorite hot-spots...
 1. The Shimmy Beach Club - Indulging in delicious cocktails while watching this brilliant blue ocean... I totally adore the stunning decor and views at this awesome venue. Do yourself a favour and visit this beach-front gemstone this summer! They are one of the top 10 beach bar's in the world. Um, and I was there! ;)
 2. Den Anker - One of the Waterfront's most popular pioneers! I spoiled myself with a beer tasting and totally fell in-love with their Liefmans Fruitess: a unique, fresh beer blend-maturing for 18 months on cherries, this is then artfully blended with the natural juices of cherry, bilberry, elderberry, strawberry and raspberry. Download their beer list here.

 3. Tjing Tjing - This is a rooftop bar situated in 165 Longmarket Street, Cape Town. They boast with a great selection of cocktails like the Bugs Bunny, Cotton Candy, Ginger Ninja, Cherry Blossom and the Perfect Lady. And I would like to try them all sometime! ;)
 4. CubanaCubaña is South Africa’s only authentic Latino Social Caffé and eatery which provides the services of a cocktail bar and cigar lounge with a unique flavoursome cuisine. I'm besotted with their Cuban and Latino music and while there you might get a glimpse of a celebrity or two. Their dress code is smart casual and door policies keep the standards high. I sat outside absorbing the urban vibes of Green Point and once again indulged in my drink of choice - the fruity Pina Colada! ;)
5. The Old Biscuit Mill - This place is what I call a food & wine tasting... With so much to eat and drink this Saturday, Food Lover's Market have capture my heart forever! See another blog-post I did some time ago. I bough this alcoholic honey shooter in a shot-glass made from real dark chocolate for just R10!

Images - My own

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm loving all these delicious drinks on display in this post. I need a cocktail!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing photos, so pretty and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Vett, hopping right over to your blog! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved this post, makes me want to just do a CPT holiday soon. Hope you are doing better hun sending you tons of positive vibes.

    Meg | Meghansilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)