Monday 4 March 2013

Before I Turn 29

I would really love to be able to achieve all of these before I turn 29 in September. 13 September that is... ;)

1. Buy a photo album. No need to explain really, point is I want it big and thick and I want the pages to turn yellow with time, I guess I want to flip through it once in a while and say, "that sure was fun!"

2. Learn to bake real cupcakes. Not those ready mixed ones. I mean that's not baking, what was I thinking, silly me! I've been buying those for a long time, decorating them and all, that is until I realised that any fool can do that. So now I plan to buy myself a lovely recipe book with decadent and dreamy desserts. Oh yum.

3. Send my novel to a publisher. I've been working on my first chick-lit, romance novel for almost a year now. And basically, sad to say I have writers block most of the time. I fell in love with the lead character, he's passionate and almost like a young Antonio Banderas, obviously then I got depressed because I want him all for myself. Until I realised what they always say, only in stories, only in the movies...

4. Get a higher paying job. I had to put that one in, and no I'm not the superficial, materialistic type. It's just that I want to start saving for my first child and I want everything to be in place when that happens, er maybe in three years time. That or no baby at all, ever...  A bit harsh I know.

5. Create my own painting. And hang it on my bedroom wall so that I can remind myself how creative and brilliant I am. ;)

6. Start a (fruit) garden. Since I was a little girl I always wanted my own garden, in fact I use to daydream about having brunch every Saturday morning, underneath a charming shady tree, smelling the flowers and just enjoying the beauty surrounding me.

7. Splurge on expensive leather boots. I want them dark brown and classy worn with leggings underneath all my pretty dresses although also very, very sexy with tight dark blue denims. Besotted with those from Polo.

8. Spoil my mother. I think I will spoil her with anti ageing creams and perfume, actually not sure yet but I really want to make her feel extravagant! She's worth that and so much more.

9. Learn to speak Italian. Don't know about that one, a bit unrealistic and out there, I think. Nevertheless it's on my list so we'll have to see.

10. Read my Bible from start to finish. Surely this will keep me busy for some time, but most of all inspired to achieve all my dreams and desires and so much more. Yay!

Image - www.favim.com                           Text - My own

4 comments:

  1. Great list. I hope you can achieve them all before turning 29. I'm 30 this year. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chicara, 30 don't lie, you don't look a day over 23... :) When is your birthday? xoxo

      Delete
  2. These are great goals! Cupcakes are easy, I'm sure you will master it soon. You are very creative, I love chick lit and I hope you send your book away :)

    p.s we are the same age ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your delightful comments, wow Catriona, you don't look a day over 21! ;) xoxo

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)