Saturday 2 February 2013

When I Was Younger

When I was about 18 I left for the city trying to pursue a modelling career. (That didn't worked out well.) I lived in Sea-Point at the time and yes, that was the best time of my life...

I downed loads of ice-cold beers with my silly, equally irresponsible friends.

I only ate take-aways for that time, burgers, chips, chicken, pizza and booze were my staples. Well at that time my metabolism were still in tip-top condition. Well I also ate lots of fruit and I did take multivitamins.

I had a passionate love affair with a bad boy, but like with all bad boys it didn't end well. He was a serial cheater, that's all.

I did manage to get a modelling job as an extra, alongside beauty queens Jo-Ann Strauss and Tammy-Ann Fortuin, on a yacht at the V & A Waterfront. Let's just say the atmosphere were stiff and tense among the rest of the models, checking out each others features and who knows what. Not good for the self esteem, at all.

I had lovely long walks alongside the promenade. Didn't appreciate it enough at the time.

I had even lovelier walks in the whimsical Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, its oh-so-pretty there. Nature does have such a calming effect on the mind, I would say its one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I found this amazing jewellery shop in the Golden Acre Mall called " Little Ruby", they sell the loveliest silver rings, earrings and other goodies over there. I bough this cute little ring for just R20.00 at the time, and I'm still wearing  it. :)

I met this great old Italian guy called Luigi, he owned a pizza place in Sea Point called "Bella Italia", well he was such a great story teller. Many nights I use to sit outside his restaurant, listening to his childhood days.

I really had fun at the time... 

Image - www.favim.com

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post:-) I love learning a little more about the bloggers behind the blogs I read. Girlfriend you got booked for a modelling job that I can only dream of getting! #Blessed;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou dear Desle... xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like fun! I live in Cape Town so I could picture all the places you described. I loved Little Ruby. It takes a lot of guts to pick up your life and pursue your dreams, way to go on doing that! Now you have memories to treasure forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you know Little Ruby! I adore that little shop... :) Now I do have lovely memories to treasure, you're so right. xoxo

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)