Thursday 25 April 2013

At The Office

Here's a little sneak peek into my office, see the things I like and love, oh and my favourite lunch spot... Starting with my daily make-up regime... 
Make-up: I tend to go for The Natural Look, with minimal makeup, freckled nose and all. Personally I like dark brown eyeliner and mascara as it creates a soft velvety look and depending on your features I think this might actually take years of your age. I do like some shimmer on my eyelids but I also hate looking oily, though my olive skin really likes to play these kinda tricks on me.

So this past week I've started to use my Garnier BB cream on its own, meaning I slap it on right after I washed my face, with desirable results! I have this red Avon lipstick, from their Little Red Dress collection, I bought it some time ago and now, well I'm afraid of it. Haha, it's just soooo red. Anyway I've been using it as a lip tint, I just dab a teensy bit on my finger and then apply it to my lips and then afterwards to my cheeks to create this rosy flushed look. Finished of with pressed powder for a dewy yet shine-free appearance.  

Hair: I always wear a fringe to hide all the fine lines on my forehead, that um and other gross things... Hey I'm turning 29 this year and I can't afford botox so other tricks will have to do... ;) My own hair is this ugly mousy colour so I just spice it up with some golden hues. And then mostly I just wear it like this. Believe me this dishevelled textured shaggy look just happens, I've tried to tame it down, but now I just let it do its own thing. I try to think of it as the Alexa Chung affect! :) 
Wardrobe: I don't have work clothes and going out clothes, ( besides my delightful collection of old faded jeans ) I just wear what I have and that's it. I have a lot of  skirts and dresses actually, I love them cute and pretty and with the changing season I've just added thick leggings and boots to go with that. I team them up with cardigans, this denim shirt or my favourite leather jacket. 

When I wear formal pants, usually black, with my existing cardigans, denim shirt or leather jacket, I like to add a scarf  like this. I have loads of scarves, and other accessories like bangles and dangly earrings to ad more colour and to finish my overall look. 
My Desk: Between all the appointments and phone calls I try to nibble on my favourite health snack, ( drum roll ) super food goji berries. I really love them, far better then any multi vitamin in my opinion. I keep them in a glass container close by and munch on them throughout the day between slurps of black coffee. I also scribble simultaneously in my office dairy and my personal little black book. You know dreams and goals, dinner plans and all that other random stuff. And I try to keep things orderly in this pink stationary container, I know many bloggers are actually using this cute drawer container for their beauty products. Well maybe I should just take this one home. ;) 

I also keep my lip balm of choice, the fruity flavoured Zam Buk - Cherry or Lip Ice - Pina Colada within reach along with my Avon, Aspire hand cream to get rid of dry crocodile hands. I adore the smell of this cream, also it's a gift from my mother and we don't see each other that much so I like to keep her close this way. 
Office Look: You'll find a lot of vintage inspired things in my office like this adorable Clipper typewriter. Something I would love in my own home.
 On an old vintage school case, or these stunning cloth-bind books.
And this very pretty wall art.
Lunch break - Now this is my favourite, favourite! ;) My one-o-clock spot... Here I sit and relax, contemplate and of course eat. Although I live just 10 minutes away from work, I sometimes prefer to sit in this magical garden right here at the office...  

Images - My own

6 comments:

  1. Thanx Natasha, and also thanx for popping by... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post , its always nice to see personal posts .

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this deeper into your daily life post. I too love vintage decor so I am loving your typewriter wall art:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you like this post Desle... Hope you have a super-duper weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)