Monday 1 April 2013

BB Cream Bandwagon

BB (Beauty Balm) cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturiser, primer, foundation, and sunblock. It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser, over serum and moisturiser or as a regular foundation depending on the desired amount of coverage. Sounds like a "miracle" cream! But to find the perfect one, aah that's a different story... ;)
Variety of BB Creams

The only BB cream I've used so far is the one from Garnier...  And I find it a bit too oily for my combination skin, I always have to use pressed powder with it, throughout the day to reduce shine on my T-zone. However with the winter nearing, my skin tends to get dryer, meaning Garnier might do the trick after all, being my bestie this winter. ;) But with that being said, I will not buy it again, I'm actually opting for the 9-in-1 BB cream from Rimmel. Hoping it's a keeper!
The latest from Rimmel R99.95
Lusting after the, All-in-one BB cream from The Body Shop R180.00

With so much on the market it can be a bit difficult finding the perfect one. I guess I need something that's less oily or better yet, maybe I should ask myself: Do I need a BB cream or should I stick to good old, long-wear foundation? ;)What BB cream are you using and will you repurchase it? Please share.

Images - www.pinterest.com

11 comments:

  1. I am using the Garnier BB cream and I too am finding it to be a bit too oily. I also have an oily T panel and it gets a bit icky sometimes. I'll keep using it during winter months to see the difference. That Rimmel one looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Emma, let's see how it goes this winter. Let me know how you find the other's when you try them out. Thanx for commenting. Lots of love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! oh, yes so stylish! im in love <3 ! i´ve got Garnier one :))
    can you visit the mine? one big kiss :* !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Tobis, what a lovely comment... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great review . I've heard bb cream is pretty oily , so you right perhaps in winter it will be the perfect solution to the dry air.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Meghan, just yesterday I saw on Twitter that PONDS will launch their own BB cream especially made for SA skin in May for about R89.99 at Clicks, Dischem and Foshini... They have a SPF of 30+ and they claim it's non-oily and will improve even skin-tone. Love the pink glam packaging too, kinda impressive.

      Delete
  6. I used the Garnier one and my skin broke out from it so Im not a fan of it :/ keen to try the Body Shop one though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a break out, that's bad... I was told not to use any moisturiser before I use Garnier, a bit difficult because I cant live without sunscreen, as I burn easily. But I will try this out for the rest of the month starting tomorrow. I'm giving my still full Garnier BB cream one last try. Really looking forward to try out the new PONDS BB cream though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Garnier one to be super moisturizing and you definitely don't need moisturizer as well as the BB cream.

      Great post :)

      Delete

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)