Saturday 13 April 2013

PONDS - Colour Palette

Today I'm taking inspiration from the  PONDS Colour Palette Pinterest Board. Also take a look at their Bloggers and Websites Pinboard, oh and of course their Blog of the Month pins. I really adore all their Pinterest pins. Well then, I just had to share these with you, my colour inspiration...


Cinnamon Blush reminds me of...
  • When I saw that tree I was immediately reminded of the Kalahari and Kathu the place which I'm currently calling home. A year ago me and my boyfriend were basically forced to seek jobs this side due to the economic situation that side, we're both from Springbok in the Northern Cape but over the years I've travelled around the country and lived in the city, you can read my post about when I was younger, so I'm not a typical farm-girl, (nothing wrong with that, just saying) although my roots will always be there. I grew up with rustic landscapes surrounding me, as far as the eye can see, bare-feet running wild in the fields, exploring the mountains close-by. I guess that's why I love adventure so much. And I think this lovely shade of Cinnamon Blush will always remind me of that. 
  • Lovely sunsets, and the peaceful feeling you get while looking at God's work.
  • My natural tanned skin in summer, the season I love most.
  • A cup of delicious hot chocolate on a rainy day.
  • Luxury leather boots. I recently bought a pair from Truworths that I love, love, love and it's the one thing that I can tick of my list... I made a list of things to do before I turn 29.


Lightning Pink reminds me of...
  • All things pretty and girly. I love lip colours in this lovely shade, it just ads some pop to my overall look. 
  • It also reminds me of soft and comfy jerseys, looking cute and sweet.
  • Barbie dolls and how I used to play with them until an age I'd rather not mention. Remember the pink lips, shoes, dress, handbag and what not, that sure was a lot of Lightning Pink!
  • Strawberry flavoured yogurt and ice-cream both equally delicious. 
  • And I adore pink flowers, it ads delight to any room, making me feel cherished and oh-so-spoiled.


Mint Chip reminds me of...
  • Aromatic ripe avo's, always delicious with black pepper on scrumptious sandwiches, as dips or just like that.
  • Yummy Mojito's laying under a tree. Check out my Island Dreams post, now that's some serious daydreaming that...
  • Minty tea, my grandma use to drink it like that and I use to make it for her as we had this huge mint patch at our front door.
  • Greek Salads. Mmmm.
  • Pepper mint chocolate, as a young girl I use to hate it but now I just totally indulge in this flavour.
  • Namaqualand in Springtime, so magical you just have experience it for yourself... 


Just Peachy reminds me of...
  • The pretty shade of Just Peachy reminds me of blushing cheeks and young dewy, lust-after skin. 
  • It also reminds me of the only other human skin colour in a crayon box, when I grew up it was either that or brown. 
  • This pretty colour is also a reminder of soft, delicate underwear, of those a girl can never have enough... 
  • And on a hot summer's afternoon I always welcome a refreshing glass of bubbly Brutal Fruit Peach. 
  • Oh and Rum & Raisin Ice-cream, delicious! 
What's your favourite colours, and what do they remind you of? Let me know. xoxo

Images - www.pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)