Wednesday 9 January 2013

My Little Home

Well as you know me and Basil moved into a new home recently, and then we went on holiday, both of us. Sadly we came back to the smell of rotten meat due to the weather that switched of the main plug in our home ( imagine that, gross I know ) I had to boil lemon, vanilla and pineapple essence all over again to get rid of the - this time real rotten, foul smells. Mmmm now cleaning up was a mission, although Basil did most of the work.

Ok, so it's back to the decor project again, really looking forward to creating a place we can call home, where we can have breakfast in bed and just have FUN! I want it airy and vibrant yet charming and uncluttered... Point is, I'm kinda afraid of going overboard. My mom's a bit of a hoarder, actually I think my whole family are... Ok, maybe I'm taking it a bit too far! ha ha :) I was thinking about giving it a Moroccan feel using shades of red with lots of rustic wood decor and displays of red hot chillie peppers here and there hanging in the kitchen. Also want to bring in a modern touch with stainless steel appliances.

Oops, going overboard again. Well incorporating mirrors in your decor scheme are always a save bet. Mirrors are great for reflecting light in the room and for echoing colour and pattern scheme within the space, so for now I'll start with that. I'm planning to visit Mr Price Home in the near future, they always have affordable yet beautiful stuff... But more about that later. ;)

Picture - www.weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woohoo, thank you for this lovely comment! ;)